[GRASS5] PNG-driver + monitorcap

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Aug 14 17:35:08 EDT 2002

Stephan Holl wrote:

> I am working with the PNG-driver for quite a while, but after a new
> CVS-update the PNG-section in  $GISBASE/monitorcap was missing and I
> could not start the driver until I added the needed entry manually.
> Did I do somithing wrong during update procedure?
> If so, please let my know how can I correct it for the next time.

This appears to be a problem with the build procedure.

src/display/devices/PNGdriver/Gmakefile adds the appropriate
monitorcap entry if it doesn't already exist; however, it does this as
part of the rule for building the PNG driver itself. If
$(GISBASE)/driver/PNG doesn't need to be re-built, it won't update the
monitorcap file.

The way that src/display/devices/HTMLMAP/Gmakefile does it is correct.