[GRASS5] d.legend updates

H. Bowman ihatejunkyabastards at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 2 22:43:12 EST 2002

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:10:23 +0000
"Glynn Clements" <glynn.clements at virgin.net> wrote:

> > the new d.legend now in CVS

> Did you intentionally remove the -o and maxfontsize= options, or did
> you base your updated version on old code (i.e. the 5.0.0 release
> version instead of the CVS head)?

I based my version on what was in the Grass 5.0.0 release.. and so I guess I ended up doing a bit more work than was necessary. I'll have a look through the CVS system to see what I missed.

The -o flag is provided by -n, and the maxfontsize= functionality is somewhat unneeded now that font size will auto-adjust if it is too large for the window. Otherwise font size is controlled by the size of the legend boxes, which are in turn controlled by the number of categories to display or from user defined mouse/at= sizing.

As far as putting it into 5.0.1 goes, more testing would certainly be nice before letting it out, as all I know is that it "works for me" ..
Also, as far as I am concerned it is still in flux- I am still working on it, adding a little more functionality and flexibility ... I make no claims to being an expert, so there may very well be things I've unwittingly overlooked or done wrong as well.

I can spin out a small diff from the 5.0.0 version which fixes a couple of important bugs without introducing any of the new features if you prefer. (mouse placement x&y swapped & boxes drawn off center)

Hamish