[GRASS5] grass-5.0.0 on SGI IRIX 6.5

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Dec 10 18:44:35 EST 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> [...xterm explanations...]
>
> I must admit that I am no termcap expert.
> >From a user's perspective (which is not necessarily a developer's
> perspective) I "just" see that previous functionionality is gone.
> IMHO GRASS should support cursor keys without changing the
> system's settings (support out of the box).

Garbage in, garbage out. If the system lies about which codes are
needed to enable the cursor keys and/or which codes the cursor keys
generate, curses won't be able to recognise that a cursor key was
pressed.

However, it isn't certain that this is a termcap/terminfo issue. Did
the configure script detect keypad()? The message looks like:

	checking for keypad in -lncurses... yes

Or check whether HAVE_KEYPAD is defined in config.h, or whether
running "nm -D" on a vask-using program shows a dependency upon
"keypad".

Which library is actually being used? (run "ldd" on any vask-using
program, e.g. etc/set_data). What is $TERM? Are either of TERMCAP or
TERMINFO set in the environment? Do you have a terminfo entry for
$TERM?