[GRASS5] Deprecate d.area and d.vect.line ??

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Feb 6 01:40:53 EST 2002

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 09:29:46PM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:47:43 +0100, Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:

> > > Oh, okay.
> >
> > So.. done. d.vect.cats is now d.vect.
>
> Markus, do you realize d.vect.cats does not handle islands/holes correctly?

Oh - actually not. However, my only intention was to merge two similar
modules. The island problem is the next step.

> Compare: http://pweb.jps.net/~egm2/d.vect.cats.jpg vs.
> http://pweb.jps.net/~egm2/d.vect.area.jpg -- note: I drew the line work
> a second time for d.vect (because the interiors got clobbered).
>
> It should be relatively easy to remedy via G_plot_area().
May I pass this to you? Maybe you want to merge/replace again
with your new d.vect.line?

Ideally there is only one vector drawing tool in future, we already
have too many (similar) modules.

Thanks for pointing out the problem,

 Markus