[GRASS5] Problems with vector import, and a suggestion

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at wo.cz
Sun Feb 10 14:03:13 EST 2002

On Friday 08 February 2002 20:17, David D Gray wrote:

> There is the possibility of storing topology with PostGIS (or by means
> of another extension). Perhaps in 'hidden' fields (attributes). Has
> there been any discussion on this?

No, was not discussed. It is probably possible, but it is not build in PostGIS
now. They want support topology, but we cannot wait for that and
I am not able write that 'another extension'.
I think that we can use grass topo until topo in PostGIS is available.
Saving grass topo in database is not advantage.

Do you know about any existing solution?

Radim