[GRASS5] missing files in cvs snapshot ?

M Lennert fa1079 at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Feb 13 05:21:39 EST 2002

On 13 Feb 02, at 11:14, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 10:12:19AM +0000, M Lennert wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just got the Feb 8 cvs snapshot, but when I untared it, I could not find src/display/d.vect.area
> > nor src/display/d.vect.line. But I can see them when browsing through the cvs server. Could it be
> > that some files are missing in the snapshot, or did I mess up untaring it ?
>
> The reason is that the CVS snapshot is done from the release
> branch while d.vect.* is only in exp tree.
>
> Do we want a second snapshot for the experimental (head)?

I would plead for one. I cannot get a cvs access at the moment, but I do have access to a fast internet connection which allows me to download the snapshots quite regularly. And since I'm interested in having
access to some of the newer developments, I'd rather download a snapshot and recompile everything than having to hand pick every file from the web interface (which is what I have been doing lately).

Moritz