[GRASS5] CVS snapshots / Web pages in CVS

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Feb 14 05:11:32 EST 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 04:13:32PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
[..]
> > > I have some conflict now which I cannot resolve any more
> > > (suggestions welcome).
>
> Check out a clean version of the subdirectory in question
> somewhere. Make your changes and recommit.

Thanks for the hint. I have resolved the problem. The CVS-web
is fine now.

> > While we are on this topic, i think it would be very useful if some sort
> > of automation (include files, date inclusion, etc) could be done with
> > the web pages (e. g. m4 macros, WML or something similar). This would
> > allow to update the web pages successively with style sheets, navigation
> > aids and create a unified layout. Currently the web pages are a bit of a
> > maze (the navigation, not the contents!).
>
> We could install some preprocessing,
> but we should be very careful to not make it too complicated.
> I saw too many projects, where it got too complicated which
> turned into a drawback.
>
> Thus m4 macros and WML are out of the question,
> they are generally too complicated.
>
> Here are pointer for people to see what is available implemented
> in python. PTL and Plow look interesting.
> http://webware.sourceforge.net/Papers/Templates/
>
> Note that we do not need a complete Framework, like:
>  http://www.paul.boddie.net/Python/web_modules.html

This looks like a flood of options. We need something low level
reducing the work and ready for teams to use :-)

In fact the pages need a better navigation system. Suggestions are
very welcome (or updated HTML pages...).

 Markus