[GRASS5] Re: Grass GUI

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at wo.cz
Sun Feb 17 11:30:41 EST 2002

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 18:29, M Lennert wrote:
> On 7 Feb 02, at 14:12, Helena wrote:
> > Roger Miller wrote:
> > >
> > > This doesn't seem like it would be that difficult.
> >
> > there is also d.dm to do that (thanks to Radim)
>
> I have a question about d.dm:
>
> Can I create a set and then select the elements of the set I want to
> display ? I have the feeling that this is not possible and that I have to
> delete the maps I do not want to display. Is this correct ? If it is,
> would it be
> possible (easily feasible) to include a button for each map and then only
> draw those maps that are selected ?

OK, I have added checkbutton - if checked map is displayed.
New is also 'command' map, which may be any grass or shell command.
You can download via web:
http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass/src/display/d.dm/d.dm

Question for users:
In current version, each monitor has its own region, which is independent of
grass (WIND) region. That causes two problems:
- monitor must be redisplayed before query (otherwise query lies)
- it is impossible continue in work from command line (for example
    display layers by d.dm and then query by d.what.*.pg)
Due to that problems I propose to remove that feature and synchronize
d.m region with grass region. What do you think about?

Development of d.dm as it is written now, is discontinued from my side and
I want rewrite d.dm completely. It should be more similar to Gratia.
Screeen for those who were not in Trento:
http://www.raz-dva.cz/krakonos/gratia.jpg
I.e. gui: tree  + panel for options and internaly layers as objects.

Radim
Praga, Bohemia