[GRASS5] Proprietory Frontend for Mac OS X (was: Grass Projection Parameters)

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Mon Feb 25 12:03:41 EST 2002

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 06:47:37PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
> I would suggest that anyone who would prefer to see a free (e.g. GPL)
> front-end for GRASS would do better to actually start coding it than
> to implore others to do so.

absolutely. I am busy all the time to explain clients and
potential clients the advantages of investing (perhaps just a
little portion) into implementation of a GPLed GUI for
GRASS. They are beginning to understand and hopefully
there will move something this year.

BTW, Imagelinks (->OSSIM) already paid for a small brick towards a
GUI: I implemented the xml-base ui description concept for them
and tried to make it more flexible than necessary for the
actual contract.

Cheers

	Jan

--