[GRASS5] GRASS internationalization

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Feb 26 12:10:41 EST 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 03:45:42PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 05:49:10PM +0300, Alex Shevlakov wrote:
> > to begin with i18n using gettext, there are several proposals:
>
> Shouldn't we delay this for grass5.1?

If alex likes to do it - why? As far as I foresee the
5.1 development, the modules are migrated piecewise into
the new repository. So it doesn't harm if done in
experimental environment.

We shouldn't stop anyone to improve GRASS in my opinion (we
even do not have enough people to program!). The examples
from Alex may rise interest of further 'advanced users'
to help with internationalization which is quite important.

In my opinion there will never come one particular day
when 5.1 will be started (it is already). We will have both
5.0 and 5.1 in parallel as 5.0 still lacks a sort of stable
2D vector engine. And 5.0 without vector modules does not make
sense to me.

Just my 0.01 Euro

 Markus