[GRASS5] Grass 5.1

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jan 7 09:24:06 EST 2002

Hi Radim,

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 09:13:10PM +0100, Radim Blazek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have commited few changes to grass51:
>
> 1) Make
> I have merged and modified
> grass50/configure + grass51/notyetuploaded/new_makefile_system
> Make system is not my hobby but it was impossible to compile grass51
> in the new dir structure with old gmake system. Anybody can modify
> and improve or completely rewrite that.

the new Makefile system runs well. Some updates have been necessary
(I posted to you personally), now the compilation is complete
including XDRIVER etc. The "make mix" does a well job to link the
5.0 into the new structure along with the new Makefiles. Thanks
a lot! This may survive for some time to avoid that we have to
maintain too many branches/trees.

So, I have compiled GRASS 5.1 according to the INSTALL file:

./configure --with-grass50=/full/path/to/grass50(MAIN)/source
make mix
make

and can start:
bin.i686-pc-linux-gnu/grass51

Welcome to GRASS 5.1 (January 2001)

Geographic Resources Analysis Support System (GRASS) is Copyright,
1999-2002 by the GRASS Development Team, and licensed under terms of the
GNU General Public License (GPL).
[...]

A question is now: Do we want a separate mailing list for 5.1 or now?
Votes are welcome.

Congratulations, Radim!

 Markus