[GRASS5] display system

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Jan 11 19:42:57 EST 2002

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > the display system still is not working correctly.
> > I have locally updated to redraw the text with re-sizing of the monitor,
> > but if i create different frames on the display, then resize the
> > monitor, the screen is blank, nothing is re-drawn.
> > The frames are obviously added to the pad, as d.save -a works, but
> > something is broken with the redrawing part.
> >
> > Any hints where to look? Is this a problem of the XDRIVER part?
>
> If you run the script generated by "d.frame -a", do you get the right
> result? If so, the problem is with XDRIVER, otherwise it's with one or
> more of the commands.
>
> Actually, I suspect the former; XDRIVER only looks at the
> "full_screen" pad.

I've committed a fix which appears to work.

In the process, I had to change Dnew(), as the existing behaviour
caused the frames to shrink slightly with each resize.

> I'm wondering if it would be better for XDRIVER to just run
> "d.save -a", then have the redraw process run the resulting script.

Answer: no. Doing that results in "d.save -a" waiting to connect to
the driver, which won't happen because the driver is waiting for
"d.save -a" to finish.