[GRASS5] Projection transform

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Tue Jan 22 23:27:23 EST 2002

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 20:02, zhang ji wrote:

> I am working on projection Latitude and Longitude , I
> want to transform these Latitude&Longitude to Albers
> Equal Area Conic projection, could anybody give me
> some hint on how to do it? (I can not find the m.geo
> in the grass I installed), if you can give me some
> c/c++ code working on that, it will be very helpful to
> me.

Use r.proj, v.proj or s.proj depending on whether your data are in raster
files, vector files or sites files.  There is also an m.proj function for
miscellaneous data.

To use these programs you need two database "locations".  The first location
uses a latitude longitude projection.  Your original data are stored in that
location.  The second location uses an albers projection defined to suit your
needs.  Start GRASS and make the albers location your current location, then
use r.proj, v.proj or s.proj to copy data from the latitude-longitude
database location to your albers locations.  The projection is performed in
the process of copying the data.

Roger Miller
Lee Wilson and Associates.