[GRASS5] Want GNU libavl ?

Robert Lagacé lagace at echo.grr.ulaval.ca
Thu Jan 24 13:36:52 EST 2002

I think that it is a decent proposition.

I recommand that we use the gidelines used by the wxWindows project:

http://wxwindows.org/standard.htm

wxWindows is a very large project compiled on many platforms with
differents C++ compilers.

I would like to make another proposal maybe for GRASS 6 : put in
libraries (which is already started) all computationnal stuff and
use Python as the glue logic (interfaces, user interaction, applications,
etc.).  We will retain the avantages of shell scripts without all
the problems associated with shell scripts.  Plus, we will gain an
free interpreter equivalent to MapBasic and the one used in ArcInfo.
With this, we open the possibility for users to write their own
applications.  I invite those interested to look to wxPython, an
interface wxWindows to python and run the demo.