[GRASS5] configure goof?

David D Gray ddgray at armadce.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 26 18:00:27 EST 2002

Developers

I have just updated my CVS branches and attempted a re-compilation: I
have not done a general compilation for two weeks approx. I find that
the configure bombs out with

ddgray at armadce:/arc/ddgray/cvs/main/grass$ CFLAGS="-g" LDFLAGS=""
./configure --prefix=/opt --bindir=/usr/local/bin
--with-tiff-includes=/usr/include --with-tiff-libs=/usr/lib
--with-tcl-includes=/usr/include --with-tcl-libs=/usr/lib
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for full floating-point support... yes
checking for SysV... no
checking for another button... no
checking for XDriver... socket
[...]
checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImageCreateTrueColor in -lgd... no
checking whether to use Tcl/Tk... yes
checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes...
checking for tcl.h... yes
checking for tk.h... yes
checking Tcl version... 7.6
checking Tk version... 4.2
configure: error: *** Tcl/Tk version mismatch.

This is picking up Tcl/Tk for TkStep, an old version I still require in
/usr/local/*. I tried to configure as you can see that it would pick up
the correct 8.3 libs in /usr/* (I actually have 6 Tcl versions scattered
about). Then I noticed that this only appends the include and lib
directories specified. If that is the case, it seems wrong to me: the
`--with-tcl-incudes' should specify where to look, or at least prepend
the specified directory. I notice the tiff libs are searched the same
way, perhaps all search paths are specified this way. If so, can they
all be changed?

David