[GRASS5] [bug #908] (grass) can't start GUI on OSX

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Jan 30 15:59:12 EST 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=908

Subject: can't start GUI on OSX

Platform: OSX 10.1.2
Xwindows version: XFree 4.1
Xwindows manager: XDarwin
TclTk version: tcl/tk 8.0
grass downloaded at: Mirror of Trento site
grass binary for platform: Mac OS X binaries

This is the message I get whenever I try to start the GUI, no matter if I'm using XDarwin or Xvnc+Xvnc Viewer:

GRASS 5.0.0pre2 > tcltkgrass&
[1] 1218
                                                                                Mapset <sara> in Location <spearfish>                                           GRASS 5.0.0pre2 > /usr/local/grass5/bin/tcltkgrass: command not found: wish [3]

grass seems otherwise to work fine with the command line interface.

Sara