[GRASS5] [bug #1201] (grass) can't remove base map from reclassed map

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Jul 23 04:18:20 EDT 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1201

Subject: can't remove base map from reclassed map

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources

GRASS Version: grass50_exp_2002_07_12 CVS Snapshot [HEAD]

Hi,

I reclassified a vector map and cannot delete its base map. The message is:

g.remove vect=buek3314.id.botyp5
  [buek3314.id.botyp5 at dassau] is a base map. Remove reclassed map first:
  tmp.recl at dassau

There is no tmp.recl map anywhere on my pc and I never created such a map, so I guess it was some temporary file built somewhere during reclassification.

The same happened with the converted raster map:

g.remove rast=buek3314.id.botyp5
 [buek3314.id.botyp5 at dassau] is a base map. Remove reclassed map first:
 tmp.recl at dassau

I imported the map buek3314.id.botyp with v.in.shape, converted it into raster
format and reclassified each format. Later I could delete all maps except these 2. Did I miss something ?

thanks

 Otto Dassau