[GRASS5] memory problems with PROJ4 library

Jaro Hofierka jhofier at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Jul 26 11:07:06 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm having big memory problems using GRASS PROJ4 library. I have
implemented "21.2.4 Programming example" from grass programming manual
(pages 292-293) in order to convert current location coordinate pairs to
lat-lon coordinates.
However, it eats too much of memory (hundreds of MB for 1000x1000 grid)
and runs much slower than runinng without proj4 calls.
I'm wondering if somebody else encounters such problems in other grass
modules using this library, or if there is some explanation for this.
Many thanks,

Jaro