[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0stable to be released soonish

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jun 5 14:09:03 EDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 03:57:53PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> since all release critical bugs are fixed, we should release
> GRASS 5.0.0stable now.

The plan is to do this around the 13th, which is about one
month after we have released pre4.

Thus yes, we should start preparing the 5.0.0 release.
(no need to add "stable" as a prefix.)

> For that we can use the existing pre4 branch. Maybe Glynn could
> check if any important change was not submitted to (post-)pre4
> branch?

If we have changes, we could make a pre5 from this release branch
and then rerelease this a few weeks later.

> Let's go ahead, we had a long testing phase for pre4 and discovered
> only a few (fixed) bugs.

Okay, if you think that this is the case
as a release assistant I'm agreeing with you and think that
5.0.0 would be fine somewhere next week.

	Bernhard