[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0stable to be released soonish

Morten Hulden morten at ngb.se
Thu Jun 6 07:32:39 EDT 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 07:11:51PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> >
> > Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > > since all release critical bugs are fixed, we should release
> > > GRASS 5.0.0stable now.
> >
> > Are we sure that all of the PROJ issues are now fixed?
>
> So far I have tested many hours (and posted a lot). I kindly invite
> others to test the current HEAD. To me it looks functional again.

The r.proj version I got from the CVS has a lot of anonymous changes since
last time I looked (april_11_release). Basically the bordwalk.c calls have
beeen disabled, which nullifies almost all of the changes made in August
2000. The whole input map will now be loaded into memory, region
sensitivity is no longer there etc

Comments at the beginning of main.c are now misleading, most of the
improvements from Aug 2000 are gone ...

Morten Hulden