[GRASS5] m.proj Difference?

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Fri Jun 7 06:51:18 EDT 2002

On Friday 07 June 2002 06:23, Markus Neteler wrote:

> > Unlike earlier versions, the pre4 version of the proj library performs
> > datum shifts. Ensure that both locations have the correct datum.
>
> Am I right that datum shifts are only performed between NAD27 and NAD83
> but not for, say, European datums?

That is correct.  Further, I never altered m.proj to do datum shifts.  Those
changes were limited to the [rsv].proj group.  Unless someone else made that
change then datum shifts shouldn't be the problem.

To the best of my knowledge there have been no changes to m.proj since the
earlier release other than now compiling it with an updated version of the
proj library.

Roger Miller
on vacation