[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0stable to be released soonish

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sun Jun 16 21:19:45 EDT 2002

I've merged most of the recent changes into the release branch. A
summary of the outstanding differences follows.

The outstanding differences fall into two categories:

1. Substantial changes to individual modules; for these, I'd just like
confirmation that the result is stable enough for inclusion in the
pre5 release.

2. I18N-related changes to key components (GRASS startup, libgis,
tcltkgrass). For these, I would really like confirmation that building
without NLS (i.e. no "--with-nls" option) has been tested by as many
people as possible.

If any portability issues (e.g. assumptions regarding bash, GNU make,
Tcl/Tk version, head.<arch> settings etc) have slipped in, the result
could be completely unusable for some users.

I'm not concerned about it breaking if --with-nls is used; this *will*
fail on systems where dgettext() etc are in libintl rather than in
libc (e.g. Cygwin).

--

[Lines beginning with "+" indicate added files or directories; the
rest are changed files.]

tcltkgrass I18N (alex)
+	locale/ru/tcltkgrass/
	locale/Gmakefile
	src/tcltkgrass/tcltkgrass
	src/tcltkgrass/main/gis_set.tcl

libgis I18N (alex)
+	locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/libgis.po
	src/libes/gis/Gmakefile
	src/libes/gis/*.c

Startup I18N (alex)
+	locale/ru/grass_intro.txt
+	locale/ru/license.txt
+	src/general/init/license.txt
	locale/Gmakefile
	src/general/init/Gmakefile
	src/general/init/init.sh

d.text.freetype update (cho): alignment, rotation, command mode
+	src/display/d.text.freetype/vflib/
+	src/display/d.text.freetype/test.input
	html/html/d.text.freetype.html
	src/display/d.text.freetype/Gmakefile
	src/display/d.text.freetype/freetypecap
	src/display/d.text.freetype/main.c

d.vect.pg update (alex): -e flag [*]
	html/html/d.vect.pg.html
	locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/d.vect.pg.po
	src.garden/grass.postgresql/d.vect.pg/dbvect.h
	src.garden/grass.postgresql/d.vect.pg/getAllOpts.c
	src.garden/grass.postgresql/d.vect.pg/getSopts.c
	src.garden/grass.postgresql/d.vect.pg/main.c
	src.garden/grass.postgresql/d.vect.pg/runInfxFile.c

v.to.pg update (alex): -p flag (PostGIS)
	locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/v.to.pg.po
	src.garden/grass.postgresql/v.to.pg/dbvect.h
	src.garden/grass.postgresql/v.to.pg/getAllOpts.c
	src.garden/grass.postgresql/v.to.pg/getSopts.c
	src.garden/grass.postgresql/v.to.pg/main.c
	src.garden/grass.postgresql/v.to.pg/plotCat.c
	src.garden/grass.postgresql/v.to.pg/runInfxFile.c

v.in.shape update (david)
	html/html/v.in.shape.html
	src/tcltkgrass/module/v.in.shape
	src/mapdev/v.in.shape/basename.c
	src/mapdev/v.in.shape/lines.c
	src/mapdev/v.in.shape/main.c
	src/mapdev/v.in.shape/polygon.c
	src/mapdev/v.in.shape/vmap_import.c

[*] html/html/d.vect.pg.html has already been updated on the release
branch, but the actual code changes haven't been committed yet.