[GRASS5] s.menu functionality

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Mar 6 00:09:32 EST 2002

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 10:04:13PM -0600, Helena wrote:

> As far as I remeber s.menu was retired some time ago. Was its
> functionality fully replaced by individual modules? For example, is
> there a masking tool for sites?

It's not so much it was retired as it was never ported to the new
sites list format.  I suspect there's some functionality that it
provided that isn't provided elsewhere.

As far as masking, I assume you mean sensitive to a raster mask
vs. sensitive to the region, I'm not aware of any modules that
pay much attention to raster masks (well, maybe one or two, by way of
comparison with rasters which mask by default).

If you just want to filter sites in region and mask, such a thing would
be fairly easy to code up.  I'm looking at rewriting s.reclass in C at
the moment, but maybe after...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>