[GRASS5] PNG and CELL driver aspect ratio

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Mar 7 12:04:23 EST 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> in general it would be great (probably not possible) to have
> some magic inside d.mon/PNG/CELL to optionally adjust it
> to the current region settings.
> The idea is to avoid the black border if the GRASS_HEIGHT
> GRASS_WIDTH settings do not match the current map extent.

That assumes that:

1. You're going to be drawing into a "full-screen" frame
2. You want rasters to fill the screen
3. The region settings at monitor startup are the settings you will
actually use for drawing.

> But I have no idea how to do that. Maybe a flag is possible
> to set GRASS_HEIGHT, GRASS_WIDTH according to rows and
> cols of the current region. Of course I can do that manually,
> but this looks like a nice job for a computer.

#!/bin/sh
GRASS_WIDTH=`g.region -p | fgrep ewres: | awk '{print $2}'`
GRASS_HEIGHT=`g.region -p | fgrep nsres: | awk '{print $2}'`
export GRASS_WIDTH GRASS_HEIGHT
d.mon start=$1