[GRASS5] d.site.pg and s.to.rast

Alex Shevlakov alex at asrv.fcpf.ru
Sat Mar 9 07:58:56 EST 2002

Follow-up to a recent mail question and s.to.rast problem:

I could not convert to pixels sites list if they had third column starting with
'@' which is a string attribute sign. Then, I found out that sites produced
by d.site.pg always had 'string' third column, even if fields of types int or
float were selected from table as category fields. To make s.to.rast conversion
possible, we had to change all '@' by '#' in site_lists.
To somehow avoid this, I've added field type recognition to d.site.pg based on the
values returned by PQftype and described in pg_type.h (which is not present in
post-install postgres header directory), constructing different type site lists,
at the CVS.

--alex