[GRASS5] SVG or VRML

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Sun Mar 10 13:49:54 EST 2002

"Eric G. Miller" wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 08:57:37PM -0800, Fred Aldrich wrote:
> > A general question,
> > are there plans, peoject, or am I'm out to lunch to have a converter
> > from raster, etc to SVG or VRML?
>
> There's an [unmaintained ?] p.vrml command.

There is a p.vrml from 1996 for VRML1.0 - you can find a small
example at
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/gmslab/gsoils/vizrep2.html
(scroll down to P.VRML). Some of it may be usable. It works with floating
point GRASS data.
At that time vrml was just too slow to be useful for routine work.

Helena