[GRASS5] The status of 5.0

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 20 15:09:02 EST 2002

Roger ,

I think that it is a well known fact that GRASS4.* and GRASS5.0 is not good
for doing anything with vector data except for some very simple tasks.  So I
would not
rely on GRASS5.0 for any serious vector work.
HOWEVER, Radim has done some really impressive work for vector data for
GRASS5.1 and
while it is still very experimental (certainly not yet ready for routine use)
it would
be well worth to wrap-up GRASS5.0 and release it and move on to GRASS5.1.

Markus it may be worth to give us all a little update on where we stand on
GRASS5.0
and GRASS5.1 (if you are able to tell). We now have GRASS5.0  both release
and experimental
and GRASS5.1 and while there are still bugs in GRASS5.0 and annoyancies
it is quite functional and as far as I can tell, better than ever.

so these are just my comments

Helena