[GRASS5] The status of 5.0

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 21 15:39:44 EST 2002

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 07:50:07PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On the merge:
> > Glynn also posted a couple analysis of the differences of the
> > two branches in GRASS5. Glynn: Maybe you can propose how to completly
> > discontinue the old release branch. You might also just do it if
> > nobody else objects.
>
> My preference would be to just sync any outstanding changes into the
> trunk then declare the release branch to be dead

Yes. Can you progress this?

> (possibly renaming
> the tag so that changes aren't committed to it inadvertently).

We have to slap developers on the wrist for committing changes to
this branch!!! They will have to put it in the right branch again.

> Modules which shouldn't be built due to outstanding bugs should just
> be disabled in src/CMD/lists/GRASS, rather than actually omitting the
> source code.

When we have the new release branch,
we might as well remove them from there.
There is no point in shipping modules with release critical bugs.
This should also put some pressure on people to fix them.

	Bernhard
--
Professional Service for Free Software                 (intevation.net)
The FreeGIS Project                                       (freegis.org)