[GRASS5] The status of 5.0

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Mar 21 20:54:36 EST 2002

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 07:24:05PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:

> > 2. v.make.subj died with a segmentation fault.
>
> Please file a more detailed report:
>
> http://grass.itc.it/bugtracking/bugreport.html
>
> > 3. v.merge could not be used because of 2.

The v.subj thing is a hack around for poor attribute support.  I thought
it had been disabled, but apparently not.  I don't think it's worthwhile
to put much effort into it.

> > 6. v.proj was useful only because I was able to use the version that I
> > rewrote to perform the nad27->nad83 conversion.
>
> Roger, maybe you can share the code with us? Datum transform is a
> highly wanted issue...

Markus, other than grid based transformations, there's already the code in
the coordconv library which will do datum transformations via a couple
different methods.  Problem is, it's not hooked into the general
projection code in gislib, there's something of a mutual dependency
issue with the two.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>