[GRASS5] what projection is lat-long displayed in ?

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Sat Mar 23 08:31:15 EST 2002

On Saturday 23 March 2002 06:30, M Lennert wrote:

> On 23 Mar 02, at 13:27, Glynn Clements wrote:

> But it has to do so using some formula between lat-long coordinates and x-y
> pixels, no ?

I think it's just an XY system, with X=decimal longitude and Y=decimal
latitude.  The origin is where the equator meets the prime meridian.  The
range of X is from -180 to +180 and the range of Y is from -90 to +90.

If the coordinates were scaled to a linear measure (meters) then I think it
might become a standard cylindrical projection, but I don't know which one.

Roger Miller