[GRASS5] The status of 5.0

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 25 06:46:44 EST 2002

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 11:41:20AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 08:14:00AM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:

> ... and please keep in mind: bugfixing for GRASS is quite often done
> in less than 48h - the response times are quite high.

Which is good.
This is why we need the release branch so badly:
When making a tarball is a 30 minute process,
we can easily release a tarball from last release with _just_ the
fix and nothing else. (Provided it is a critical bug worth fixing.)

Then there are minor bugs and we've got to relay these for the next
tarball release and not point people to development branches or CVS
versions.

The following certainly should be in a FAQ: