[GRASS5] Documentation version number

Silke Reimer silke at intevation.de
Fri May 3 04:28:54 EDT 2002

Hallo!

In the last days I build a new RPM-Package of the GRASS-Online
documentation to put it on the FreeGIS CD 1.2.0 (just released). Doing
so I had a problem to set the right version number. I decided to use
the version number of GRASS and just to increment the release number
of the old package. (Old package: GRASS_doc.5.0-2.noarch.rpm new
package: GRASS_doc.5.0-3.noarch.rpm
The problem of this solution is that I had to use the same version
number for a different content of the package.

So I thought that it could be a good idea to have a version number for
the GRASS documentation, something like GRASS_VERSION.y, where y is
increased when a new tarball of the GRASS documentation is
released. What do you think about it?

Silke

--
Silke Reimer