[GRASS5] A naive opinion on how grass *should* work

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Mon May 6 04:58:43 EDT 2002

On Friday 03 May 2002 09:12 pm, Carl Worth wrote:
> But, as I have mentioned before. This behavior makes it exceedingly
> painful for a user to switch back and forth between two different
> monitors viewing different areas of the map. I think things should be
> changed so that each monitor keeps track of its own region independent
> of "the region" in GRASS.

Note: d.dm was maintaining different regions for each monitor, "independent"
on current region. Using d.dm, I found, that I almost never use more than
1 monitor, and I offten need to use region of monitor for other commands.
(i.e. set current region to region of monitor)
I asked in user list, and because no objections appeared, I have removed
that feature from d.dm, so that at present current region is used.

I don't say, that monitors should not have their own regions, I have proposed
that already 1-2 years ago, I just want to tell you my experience with such
feature.

Radim