[GRASS5] i18n for tcltkgrass

Sergiusz Pawlowicz ser at it-zone.org
Fri May 17 12:02:11 EDT 2002

--->[Quoting Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>:]

> Requiring  Tcl   8.1+  in  order  to   obtain  I18N  is
> reasonable. Changing tcltkgrass so that it will not run
> at all without Tcl 8.1+ isn't reasonable.
>
> Basically, it just means that the implementation method
> needs  to  allow  for   the  case  where  the  "msgcat"
> package  isn't  available,  e.g. by  providing  a  stub
> implementation.

Ok -  I think,  that the  road to  nowhere means  we will
write another Tcl/Tk :-(  I am thinking economically: are
you  sure we  have enough  resources for  that? Until  we
finish Grass  5.1 -  Tcl/Tk in new  version will  be much
wider available.

But I  am working  on Linux -  maybe upgrading  Tcl/Tk on
other Un*x systems is more complicated...

I am  very happy  we start  i18n work,  and forgive  me I
insist on it.

Sergiusz
--
      http://ibiblio.org/ser/ | http://it-zone.org/