[GRASS5] i18n for tcltkgrass

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat May 18 07:07:28 EDT 2002

Alex Shevlakov wrote:

> > I still think it should be mostly folded into 5.1.x.
> > But right now it looks like stuff will go into 5.0.1
> > or 5.0.2,
> > if it is stable.
>
> I hope it is stable. The only question is if i18n breaks some systems
> with separate libintl.

The changes to libgis will.

> libgis - done, .po file exists; (Alex). Should the Gmakefile be
> modified to be linked to $INTLLIB?

The simplest fix is to change the definition of GISLIB in make.mid,
i.e.

	GISLIB         = -lgis $(INTLLIB)

Otherwise, every program which linked against libgis would need to
have $(INTLIB) added to the link command.

> It compiles without it.

It will on Linux, as dgettext() etc are part of GNU libc. On platforms
with a separate libintl, the only programs which will link
successfully are those which explicitly link against libintl, i.e.
grass.postgresql/* and s.surf.rst.