[GRASS5] i18n for tcltkgrass

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Mon May 20 05:35:08 EDT 2002

On Friday 17 May 2002 07:09 pm, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > > What are they generated from?
> >
> > I suggest to study the source code of 5.1 :-)
> > In grass51/lib/gis/parser.c is a new function G_gui() doing the
> > job.
>
> Uh, so we do have tcltk specific code in there.
> It's nice as a hack, but wasn't the idea to use the gui and
> gui version independent XML interface file?

My idea was to remove necessity of grass/src/tcltkgrass/module/*
files (now about 2000 rows, 20 modules missing, + I guess some
inconsistencies). To insert between G_parser and GUI additional
XML generator and XML parser seemed to me as not necessary, extra
work. But if you write XML parser in Tcl/Tk, we can remove G_gui
of course. Or such parser/GUI generator exists?

But this is not the real problem for GUI generating. Problems
are in missing features for grass options/flags as pointed out
by Eric and in past thread about this issue.

Radim