[GRASS5] problems with [rsv].proj

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed May 29 03:27:23 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 04:58:06PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> ... sorry to insist... Is there any hope to get
> [rvs].proj functional again and to release 5.0.0pre5?
>
> I am not sure if I should try to fix Roger's fixes :-)
> (maybe not).
> Roger, if you commented the 'datum' entry in PROJ_INFO
> (both, and/or target and source location), you could test
> if it works for you (to simulate a non-US location).

Think I found the bug in r.proj -- a type typo.  The same error didn't
appear in v.proj or s.proj.

I'm having problems with UTM to Albers here.  With r.proj, I get a
message about shifting datum NAD83->NAD27 (this should be correct), but
then it tells me the Input Map is outside the current region (this is
incorrect).  The error occurs in bordwalk where it checks the
boundaries.  There's a comparison between some xmin, ymin, etc. and the
region boundaries, and it comes up that ymin is slightly larger (1E-6)
than to_hd->north (this difference is way way below the significant
decimal places of the projection, which isn't better than a couple
places).  There's some subtle numerical bug in there...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>