[GRASS5] [bug #1066] (grass) strange r.reclass warning

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed May 29 11:34:14 EDT 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 08:30:51AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 11:07:28PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> > > the r.reclass command prints a strange message:
> > >
> > > r.reclass in=riserve2001 out=tberiserve < reclassfile
> > > WARNING: Unable to create dependency file in [riserve2001 in
> > >          habitatCap2001]

> > > Perhaps the reclass_to file cannot be written?
> > Correct.

> > > The current warning is not really helpful...

> > Maybe the situation should be silently ignored?

No. It is important to warn.

> I suggest yes - it will be more confusing than helpful (and the user
> can even do nothing about it except generating an own local copy
> of the "foreign" mapset which is mostly not possible or desired).

What about adding "you can normally savely ignore this warning."
or "this means that you cannot do xxxxxxxxxxx in the future
if you need this, you have to make a local
copy of the foreign maps. Otherwise you can ignore this warning."

Of course xxxxxxxxxxxx would have to be filled.