[GRASS5] Re: problems with [rsv].proj

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Wed May 29 22:02:07 EDT 2002

Markus and all,

Sorry I wasn't able to respond earlier, but I was called away by a death in
my family.

Thanks to Eric for finding the typo in r.proj.  If I read the mail correctly
that is the only actual bug found in the [rsv].proj modules.  Correct me if
I'm wrong.

Regarding which CVS branch to commit to...

I intended to commit the changes to HEAD.  However, when I did "cvs commit -r
HEAD ..." I was told that HEAD was not a valid branch.  I'm not sure how
anything got committed to HEAD.

Personally, I'm not comfortable with CVS and probably never will be.
Committing the same change in two different branches simultaneously seems
redundant.

I planned to commit things to HEAD, because I thought the most recent release
branch was for the pre4 release and that the release branch was to be merged
back to HEAD after the release.  Following that line of thought, I presumed
that the former release branch would be a dead end and that a new release
branch would be set up for pre5 and/or 5.0.0 stable.

Roger Miller