[GRASS5] [bug #1402] (grass) r.surf.contour, 0 == null ?

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Nov 8 02:44:32 EST 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1402

Subject: r.surf.contour,  0 == null ?

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 5.0.0

re: [GRASSLIST:4859]

r.surf.contour seems to be treating the 0m contour line as null values, thus
obscuring all the low lying topography.

The man page seems to suggest this is by design, but I guess that the program
just hasn't been updated to deal with zeros as real values?

I consider this a bug as it is inconstant with other modern GRASS modules.

Negative valued isobaths seem to work.

Using r.mapcalc to make the 0m contour a 1m contour does get around the
problem, and otherwise the module puts out very nice results.

thanks