[GRASS5] parallel and cluster modules

John Harrop johnh at sjgeophysics.com
Tue Nov 19 17:39:36 EST 2002

Our group of companies has recently been involved in parallelizing
geophysical inversion codes to work on Beowulf clusters.  The project
has been quite successful and we are looking at parallelizing parts of
other core applications.  We make our inversion engine accessible
through ssh, and clients run inversions from remote sites around the
world.  Perhaps other list members have seen DiscWorld and similar
geographic applications that support distributed (or grid) computing.  I
would be very interested in hearing from other developers on the list
who have an interest in parallel or distributed grass.

Regards,

John Harrop
SJ Geophysics Ltd