[GRASS5] Re: Mail rejects

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Nov 20 01:36:10 EST 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > I've getting some emails from grass5 filtered by my employer virus cleaner,
> > in particular, the thread about I18N. I can read them on the web, and I'm
> > talking to my employer to see if they can correct it(it seems wrong, as most
> > of you post from Linux/Unix machines).

I can't see anything in that thread which would be reasonbly expected
to trigger a virus scanner.

My guess is that the "virus scanner" just matches specific strings
without any regard for context. Nothing in that thread looks
particularly suspicious; unless the scanner keeps a record of exactly
which rule was triggered, there isn't much that can be done (unless
someone is willing to perform a bisection search until they find the
string which triggered it).