[GRASS5] [bug #1458] (grass) XDRIVER ignores XDRIVER_WIDTH & _HEIGHT (d.monsize fails)

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Nov 28 19:20:41 EST 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1458

Subject: XDRIVER ignores XDRIVER_WIDTH & _HEIGHT (d.monsize fails)

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 5.0.0

Regardless of what I put into d.monsize, new windows are always the same size: 640x480.

If I try
export XDRIVER_HEIGHT=500
export XDRIVER_WIDTH=200
d.mon start=x2

the new window will always be 640x480 ...

Top of my ~/.tcltkgrass file:
env(GRASS_WIDTH) 801
env(GRASS_HEIGHT) 601
xdriver_defaults(width) 600
xdriver_defaults(height) 600
xdriver_defaults(left) 10
xdriver_defaults(top) 60
quit_window(save) 0
quit_window(stopX) 1
xdriver(selected) x0
xdriver(x0,window_geometry) 521x636+618+4
xdriver(x0,window_state) normal

and it does remember the size of the existing x0 window from a previous session.

Same thing happens on my both Debian and Redhat installations.