[GRASS5] Re: [GRASS-CVS] eric: grass/src/mapdev/v.out.shape extract.c,1.8,1.9

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Fri Oct 4 07:09:01 EDT 2002

On Friday 04 October 2002 09:58 am, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> thanks for fixing the memory corruption bug: now commands like
>
> v.out.shape areamap type=area
>
> do no longer crash. But... :-)
> If the map contains islands, they are still filled by the surrounding
> area.
>
> If ever possible, maybe somebody could look into that (or I
> am missing something, probably islands in SHAPE are a problem?
> Note that I checked the SHAPE file with Arcexplorer for Linux,
> maybe the problem is there).

As each island in GRASS is also area, it is exported
as area to shapefile with CAT_ID = 0. Such shapefile is then displayed
with filled island (not island but area in the island) if all areas
have the same number. If a different colour is assigned to each CAT_ID,
the area in the island has a different colour.
We need a new flag to disable export of not labeled areas.

Radim