[GRASS5] Grass 5.0.0 Mac OS 10.2 Report

Scott W Mitchell smitch at eos.geog.utoronto.ca
Wed Oct 9 12:53:18 EDT 2002

I  can help out a little, having just gone through this myself with the
help of other list members, especially Glynn Clements.

The 'E_edit' problem is similar to the 'round' problem in that there is
a conflict in names between grass and the system libraries.  Until we
can figure out an option to force the grass libraries to be searched
before the system, the solution in this case is to rename edit to
(e.g.) gedit;  here's the advice that worked for me and others:

>>    It may be that the linker prefers *.dylib to *.a, regardless of
>>    location. In which case, the only solution would be to change the
>>    name. Try changing the corresponding lines in
>> src/CMD/generic/make.mid
>>    from:
>>
>>            DEPEDITLIB     = $(LIBDIR)/libedit.a
>>            EDITLIB        = -ledit
>>   to:
>>            DEPEDITLIB     = $(LIBDIR)/libgedit.a
>>            EDITLIB        = -lgedit
>
>> Then re-compile (you might need to run "make clean" first).

I think this will fix all your errors with respect to "E_edit".  I
haven't found a solution to the gdal problem.

cheers,

Scott

------