[GRASS5] g51: v.surf.rst

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Oct 15 21:36:26 EDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 10:42:40PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > > Jaro got the v.surf.rst running and results look good, but for more
> > > complete testing we need a little bit more info. On the grass51 web site
> > > you have a list of modules that need to be updated, do you also have a
> > > list of modules that are already done and that you are currently working
> > > on (so that we are not asking you too many questions?) So far I have found
> > > the following
> > >
> > >       v.ascii  v.category  v.convert  v.surf.rst   v.build  v.clean
> > > v.mapcalc
> > >
> > > and I am writing draft man pages for them (you may expect more questions from
> > > me).
> >
> > To make things easier, is there a (simple) way to convert the XML output
> > from (e.g.)
> >
> >  v.category --interface-description
> >
> > to HTML?
>
> I can supply a converter, but it requires a Haskell compiler and
> HaXml. No doubt, suitable libraries are available for other languages,
> but HaXml is the only one with which I'm remotely familiar.

Or write an XSL style sheet and use xsltproc... See for instance:

http://pweb.jps.net/~egm2/grass/xml/index.html

(Specifically, grass-task.xsl)

I think those do a fair job with the conversion, though some commands
are a bit uncooperative in the matter... ;-)

--
static const char signature[] =
	"Copyright (c) 2002 Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>";