Why "libes"? (was Re: [GRASS5] gis lib: write error function (put_row.c))

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Oct 23 04:36:50 EDT 2002

>>>>> "Markus" == Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> writes:

Markus> Hi, while having the problem that a disk run out of space
Markus> while using r.in.gdal, I found that

Markus> write_error() in src/libes/gis/put_row.c just contains
Markus> G_warning() and not G_fatal_error().

I know this may seem trivial, but why does grass use "libes" instead
of the more common "lib"?  It seems gratuitously different.  Is there
a reason for the difference?  It "bothers" me aesthetically.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more