[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0 to be released now

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Sep 4 08:06:41 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 01:31:59PM +0200, Buchan Milne wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
> | Dear developers,
> |
> | Glynn Clements has tagged "release_30_08_2002_grass5_0_0" for
> | us, at time the packaging of GRASS 5.0.0 is running (source code
> | and GNU/Linux-x86 binaries) here.
> |
> | Tomorrow morning (Central European time) we should have
> | the stable GRASS 5.0.0 release in our hands!
>
> Is it too late to fix the source tarall?
>
> It doesn't have a top directory (grass5.0.0) which all the pre-releases had.
>
> To stick with standard packaging, it should actually be grass-5.0.0 (so
> that the RPM default %prep works, which uses %name-%version), and the
> source tarball should actually be grass-5.0.0.tar.gz (or, I guess you
> could do grass-5.0.0_src.tar.gz), instead of the current
> grass5.0.0_src.tar.gz.

I have patched Makefile.in in CVS HEAD:
The 'make srcdist' target packages now with
grass-5.0.0/<srccode>

into package
grass-5.0.0_src.tar.gz

Get it here:
 http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass5.0.0/

(I have repackaged the src code tarball from two days ago, but eliminated
the first 3 lines of ChangeLog as they didn't belong to branch but to HEAD
only. So the new tarball size slightly differs.).

> Otherwise, I am going to have to hack the %prep section , and probably
> return it like it was later.

Do we want the same dash for the binary packages?

Markus