[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:4564] Re: .tmp files

Gordon Keith gordon.keith at csiro.au
Tue Sep 24 19:32:19 EDT 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:10, Markus Neteler wrote:
> One problem is that some GRASS modules open temp files with
> G_tempfile() but do not remove them on exit.
> We were talking about that also in May:

Looking at my problem it appears likely that the temp files where left
by s.to.rast that failed because either:
a) I got the region wrong and attempted to write to a temp file past 2GB
b) I ran out of disk space.

The offending lines of code are:

    for(row = 0; row < rows; row++)
        if(write(temp_fd, rast, cols * G_raster_size(map_type))!=
					      cols * G_raster_size(map_type))
            G_fatal_error("error while writing to temp file (file system
full?)");

Regards
Gordon

--

Gordon Keith
Programmer/Data Analyst

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949