[GRASS5] Re: datum / projection

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 2 09:49:17 EST 2003

Radim Blazek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just note for those who don't follow PROJ.4 development (like me).
> After some time, I spent by inspecting why GRASS (CVS) gives
> me different (incorrect) values than  PROJ.4 (4.4.7), I found that
> there were done many changes in pj_transform.c (in PROJ4).
> Probably also some bugs were fixed?
> So we cannot get correct results in GRASS until we update proj lib.
> Is it right Frank?

Radim,

Looking through the PROJ.4 log for pj_transform() I don't see any recent
changes necessary for general use.  Mostly fixes for buggy input, support
for geocentric cses, and prime meridian support and some datum shift fixes.

Are you specially referring to 7 parameter datum shift issues?  If so, you
would need something current with at least pj_transform.c 1.5 (late 2002)
which would be PROJ 4.4.6 or later.

Best regards,